Wild California Escape: Channel Islands National Park on National Geographic Venture
Base Camp Channel Islands
Experience the wilder side of California
Welcome to a new kind of getaway
We’ve teamed up with exhale to create a 5-day Wildness + Wellness adventure in the remote and remarkable Channel Islands. Board the National Geographic Sea Lion, your floating base camp, in Los Angeles, and head for three of the five wildlife-rich islands which make up Channel Islands National Park, plus Catalina Island. Here, you'll actively explore unmarred landscapes, revel in pure nature, and rejuvenate mind, body, and soul with exhale's award-winning wellbeing programs.
Escape the ordinary with revitalizing opportunities:
- Exult in the pristine beauty of the islands and roam free in wide-open spaces
- Take a leisurely trail walk with a naturalist, looking out for the astonishing number of endemic flora & fauna
- Explore fascinating sea caves by kayak or paddleboard
- Find your center with daily guided exhale meditation sessions
- Challenge body and mind with exhale fitness classes including Core Fusion Bootcamp, Barre + Cardio, & restorative Chill Yoga
- Stroll white-sand beaches or spend time exploring bustling tide pools
- Take in panoramic views & spectacular landscapes on exhale mindfulness hikes + post-hike assisted stretching sessions
- Enjoy a sunset cocktail party on deck, then end the day with stargazing
- Adventure and Active
- National Parks and Preserves
Following the build of National Geographic Quest at Nichols Brothers shipyard, her sister ship, the 100-guest National Geographic Venture floated into the bay on Whidbey Island, becoming the 4th ship in the Lindblad fleet built at this storied PNW shipyard. In the 1970s, Nichols Brothers built the twin ships National Geographic Sea Bird and National Geographic Sea Lion, which continue to sail the waters of the west coast of North America and Central America.
Venture, like much of the wildlife she follows, is migratory. She follows the seasons from Alaska, along the coast of British Columbia, up the Columbia & Snake Rivers, and along the Baja coast and into the Sea of Cortez. In each region, her design innovations were informed by 50+ years of expedition expertise to ensure extraordinary discoveries. Larger than her sibling twin ships, Sea Bird and Sea Lion, Venture has the same shallow draft, enabling her to nimbly navigate the same inner reaches and provide the same intimate, ‘insider’ experiences of the charismatic regions we explore.
Like her sister ship Quest, Venture has dual boarding platforms, enabling our team to load two Zodiacs at once means guests get off ship quickly, to take advantage of wildlife sightings and maximize exploring time. Modern, cleaned-lined, with large expanses of glass to keep you connected to the extraordinary views, National Geographic Venture enables you to see, do and experience the best of her geographies.
Lindblad Expeditions goes to the most amazing places on the planet—40+ geographies in all. And they’ve planted a flag in many of them, deeply committing to remote wild places—like South Georgia and the Falklands; Patagonia, where they opened up Staten Island, ‘the island at the end of the world,’ for eco-tourism; and remote and beautiful regions of Polynesia, including the Marquesas Islands where few go.
Teams that do whatever it take ...