WWF Journey to the Circle and Giants of Antarctica (Ocean Endeavour) on Ocean Endeavour
Join Intrepid and special guests from the World Wildlife Fund – Australia (WWF-Australia) on a 14-day expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula and Circle. Search the icy waters and white shores for whales and other creatures by day, then relax and enjoy an illuminating lecture program by night. Joining our regular team of Antarctic experts will be WWF-Australia scientists, sharing their insights into whale conservation while they conduct cutting edge research on these underwater giants. And that’s just the icing on this Antarctic cake. This adventure offers you the chance to explore Antarctica’s barren beauty on foot and by Zodiac, to encounter penguin rookeries, sight leopard seals and marvel at towering glaciers as they calve right before your eyes.
- Get the chance to learn about state-of-the-art whale research techniques and marine conservation from a team of researchers during peak humpback whale season.
- Get the chance to take daily excursions with experts in Antarctic biology, glaciology and history – with extra days for landings on this extended expedition – then unwind at night with onboard lectures and presentations.
- Enjoy a more personal journey on the Ocean Endeavour, which boasts an enviable crew to passenger ratio – one expedition crew member for every 8 passengers.
- Customise your trip with optional activities like kayaking, a photography masterclass, yoga classes, massage or even a polar plunge.
- Travel with a lighter footprint though a carbon-offset expedition that serves only sustainably sourced seafood and avoids single-use plastics.
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Endeavour is a comfortable, well-appointed small expedition ship expertly engineered to explore the Polar Regions. The ship has an ice-strengthened hull, Zodiacs for exploration and remote landings, and advanced navigation equipment. This refurbished vessel offers a superb guest experience with an expansive choice of cabin categories, large cabins and common areas, a sundeck and observation area, plenty of deck space for polar landscape viewing, and lounges for learning and reflection. The ship’s interiors have a contemporary aesthetic that provides a bright and spacious feel throughout.
Ocean Endeavour is also the only polar adventure ship in Antarctica focused on health and wellness and offers a contemporary approach to cuisine and newly-designed health and fitness features. Facilities include a spa serviced by organic spa provider VOYA, His and Hers saunas, a saltwater pool, a gym, and a juice and smoothie bar. Complimentary activities include yoga and stretching classes, an exclusive Polar Photography program, the Scientists in Residence program, and hosts more adventure options than any other Quark Expeditions vessel. The ship also has a polar library, and a Polar Boutique for gifts and any needed gear.
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...